Shift dresses have been wardrobe staples since the 60’s. It has stood the test of time but sometimes needs styling to make it look more modern. Shift dresses are very gorgeous and are the modern lady’s wardrobe best friend and here is why:
1. Timeless Style: Shift dresses never go out of style, it represents the youthful and ageless and channels a retro vibe. While shift dresses make a comeback every season, over the years designers have updated and played around with shapes, textures to keep this classic piece fresh and interesting.
2. Versatile: Shift dresses are versatile and can be worn to different events and occasions, transitioning from day to night and from casual to glam beautifully with a quick change of accessories.
3. Figure Flattering: Shift dresses work for most body types. The shape is very forgiving if your tummy is not quite 6-pack flat. Go for a well-cut shape that skims the body elegantly rather than a boxy shape. If you are top heavy, avoid shift dresses that have pockets or ruffles instead go for one with interesting sleeves or neckline.
4. Comfortable and easy to wear: Shift dresses are the ultimate in comfy style. Shift dresses don’t pull or pinch and is especially great for those ‘fat’ days. Just pull it on over your head; pair with a comfortable footwear, and you are good to go!
5. Doesn’t Need Matching or Pairing: Yes, those mornings you wake up and don’t know what to wear and how to pair your separates, simply pull out one shift dress from your closet, a pair of stunning footwear and accessories. No need to worry and fuss about matching and pairing 1000 outfits.
6. Good For All Seasons: Shift dresses transition through seasons beautifully. It can be worn with sandals or colorful heels in the summer, layer up with opaque tights and heels in spring, with ankle boots and coats in fall and pullovers in winter.
7. Portability: Shift dresses are great option to travel light. Just roll up a few shift dresses in your carry on, throw in two pairs of appropriate footwear and some accessories and your vacation wardrobe is set.